Earthquakes in Syria and Turkey – 100 Days After the Disaster
On February 6, two massive earthquakes hit Syria and Turkey. Thanks to the generous support of partner and associate contributions and substantial matching gifts, Marcum Foundation donated $54,055 to UNICEF’s earthquake relief fund to help children and families impacted by this disaster.
Through Marcum Foundation’s donation, UNICEF was able to provide:
- 70+ tons of life-saving supplies were delivered from the global hubs
- 188,846 people accessed primary healthcare
- 140,286 children accessed formal and non-formal education
- 765,794 people accessed WASH services
- 80,226 people benefitted from humanitarian cash assistance
- 360,000 children received immunization services
- 303,146 people accessed safe water
- 250,600 children were reached with psychosocial support services
- 332,500+ children accessed formal and non-formal education
The extent of loss and devastation as a result of the earthquakes remains, but through the support of Marcum Foundation, many children and families have received the care and attention they need to survive.